- Residence Hall move-in for incoming freshmen and transfer students will be Aug. 19 and 20. You will be assigned a specific block of time to move in on one of those dates. You will receive details through email shortly.
- Residence Hall move-in for returning students will take place Aug. 21-23. You will have the opportunity to select a specific move-in time block to best meet your needs. Additional details and registration information will be sent by email.
- We ask all students to self-isolate at home for 14 days prior to returning to campus to limit our community’s exposure to COVID-19. Students arriving from outside the State may be required to quarantine upon entering New York.
How Will Move-In Work?
- Drivers will pull up to a check-in tent on Central Avenue and then be directed based on their status with the College. RAs and Kacey's Paws members will be runners at the check-in tent to assist and guide students and parents to their next step in the process.
- Upon initial arrival to campus, students will be required to sign a Release of Liability document and acknowledgement of COVID-19 risks and will be provided with health-related educational materials. Their temperature will be taken by a health screener and students will go through the Health Screening process.
- During move-in, we students and their guests are required to wear face coverings, practice physical distancing, and do their best to limit the number of guests helping to move in. We prefer no more than two guests, but understand that may not be possible for some students.
- Returning students should expect to live in the hall and room selected during housing sign-up in April, unless they have been notified otherwise. Due to the College’s need to prepare for quarantine spaces, some students’ room assignments did need to be changed.
- New students should have received their room assignments in early June. As new students continue to commit to the College, we will assign rooms on a rolling basis.
What Should I Bring?
Please plan to bring with you the following items:
Face Masks: Masks and face coverings will be required in common areas and when physical distancing isn’t possible. The College will provide face masks but asks that students bring their own, as well.
Hand Sanitizer: We have stocked many areas of campus with hand sanitizer dispensers. We encourage you to have your own items with you at all times so you can sanitize when you need to. We suggest a large bottle accompanied with several small bottles for refilling.
Thermometer: All students will be asked to self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19. As a fever is often an early symptom, we suggest that you make this screening part of your morning routine.
Cleaning Supplies: Residential students are always required to clean their own rooms.
- You’ll want the ability to disinfect frequently shared and touched items and furniture in your room, including door knobs, desk surfaces, light switches, fridge and microwave handles, remote controls, keyboard, mouse, and other electronics.
- Students who live in Harrington Hall, Keuka Park Apartments, and Strong Apartments will continue to be responsible for cleaning their own bathrooms as well. Bleach wipes are most convenient.
Laptop/Computer with Webcam: Your courses will be offered in a variety of formats this fall: online, in-person, hybrid. To be prepared for any scenario, be sure you have a laptop or computer with a webcam. This will also come in handy for advisement meetings, counseling sessions, remote meetings with College staff, and attend virtual events. (Don't have a laptop/computer? Let us know by emailing [email protected].)
Headset: Having a headset will limit background noise, provide some privacy, and help you focus when connecting with faculty, staff, and friends remotely.
Traveling to Campus
We will offer shuttle pick-ups at the Syracuse Hancock International Airport and Syracuse Bus Station for students traveling by bus or plane. Let us know if you plan to utilize our shuttle by completing this form. We’ll be in touch with more details to help you plan your travel arrangements.