Eleven members of the 2017-18 Keuka College Softball team have been honored by the National Fastpitch Coaches Association as Easton/NFCA Scholar-Athletes.
Keuka College was one of three North Eastern Athletic Conference schools named by the NFCA. The 11 student-athletes from Keuka College were more than the rest of the NEAC combined.
The student-athletes honored were:
· Danielle Bosch (Livonia)
· Jessie Hammers (Wayland)
· Danielle Hankinson (Savona)
· Shannon Johnson (Wynantskill, N.Y.)
· Kaitlynn McCarter (Sayre, Pa.)
· Mickenzie Palmer (Horeseheads)
· Leah Parker (Rush)
· Whitney Tyler (Meshoppen, Pa.)
· Janessa Vaadi (Mannsville, N.Y.)
· Brittany Vergason (Nichols)
· Suzanne Welch (Palmyra)
To be eligible, student-athletes needed to earn at least a 3.50 grade-point average for the 2017-18 academic year. The 11 Keuka College student-athletes honored set a new program record, breaking the previous mark of 10 set by the 2016-17 Keuka College Softball team.