Keuka College’s updated plan for a healthy, on-campus academic semester.
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact the environment for everyone at Keuka College. As a community, we are doing all we can to apply the best practices and recommended guidelines put forth by New York State and the CDC.
In an effort to create the safest space possible once we return for the Spring 2021 semester, we have established new guidelines and refined several policies to help us act as a safer community so we can actively pursue the personal and academic interests of everyone at the College.
Spring 2021 Calendar
- Move-in will be the weekend of Jan. 29-31.
- Classes will begin on campus on Monday, Feb. 1.
- We will hold face-to-face instruction through May 7 with no break for Presidents Day or the typical Spring break.
- Final exams will be held May 10-12. Residence halls will close for non-graduating students at 7 p.m. on May 12, except for those students remaining on campus to take part in the College's "minimester" activities.
- The academic calendar is intentionally continuous. Students should remain on campus as much as possible. Students are advised that travel off-campus greatly increases the risk of COVID-19 infection and places us all at risk. Students should not travel back and forth between their hometowns and campus except under extreme need.
Face Coverings Required on Campus
In accordance with stated guidelines, residents are expected to have immediate access to proper face coverings at all times. Wearing a face covering is required in all indoor and outdoor spaces with very few exceptions.
Health Screening Process
Identifying people who are sick or have underlying health conditions per Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) COVID-19 guidelines will be of the utmost importance as we work to operate successfully in our academic environment and contain the threat of the COVID-19 illness.