As you can imagine, campus dining is going to look very different this year. This fall, Dining Services will offer dine-in and take-out options.
Students will be able to enjoy a full-service experience (versus self-serve options), choose from clearly marked pre-packaged selections, and take advantage of grab-and-go options.
We've had to adjust meal plans for the Fall 2020 semester to accommodate social distancing requirements and the modified Geiser Dining Commons hours that are necessary for between-meal cleaning and sanitization.
By combining the Green & Gold and Oak 19 plans in the fall, we're providing students who opted for the Green & Gold plan more value during the day since the Geiser's hours have been adjusted. Now you'll also be able to take advantage of the online ordering option in the Wolf Den Cafe throughout the day when the Geiser is closed for cleaning. The Green & Gold and Oak 19 plans are always the same cost, so there will be no adjustments made for your fall 2020 board plan.
We are also providing new standards for cleaning to best keep our guests and team members safe. Our goal is to promote health and safety while maintaining quality, variety, and flavor.
As of now, we intend on restoring the Green & Gold plan, as well as the normal Geiser hours, in the spring. If the public health environment causes us to change that plan, we'll certainly let students know.
Fall Semester Meal Plans Include:
Green & Gold and Oak 19: Sixteen meal swipes per week at the Geiser Dining Commons and three meal swipes at the Wolf Den Café.
Lakeside 10: Eight meal swipes per week at the Geiser Dining Commons and two meal swipes at the Wolf Den Café.
- Wolf Pride 30 or 50: Either 30 or 50 meal swipes for the semester (meals can be purchased at either the Geiser Dining Commons or Wolf Den Café).
Fall Semester New Options for Meal Swipes:
- Geiser Dining Commons meal swipes are for one-time entry into the all-you-care-to-eat facility, Fresh to Go takeout or Late Night Grab-N-Go takeout.
- Wolf Den Café meal swipes are for one Wolf Den Café combo meal that can be used once per day. You may also use your Wolf Den Café swipes at the Geiser Dining Commons.
The Wolf Den Café
- Open Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Mobile ordering will be available through the KC Portal under the "Order Food @ Wolf's Den" button. Click here for instructions on how to order online.
- All meals will be takeout only.
- All purchases are to be made through the mobile site using meal swipe, credit card, Dining or Campus Dollars (cash sales are not accepted).
The Geiser Dining Commons
- Monday to Friday
- Breakfast, 7:30-10 a.m.
- Lunch, 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Dinner, 5-7:30 p.m.
- Late Night Grab-N-Go, 8-10 p.m.
- Fresh to Go takeout-only options are available from 11:30 a.m. - 10 p.m. for meal swipe or purchase with credit card, Dining or Campus Dollars (cash sales are not accepted).
- Saturday and Sunday
- Brunch, 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Dinner, 5-6:30 p.m.
- Late Night Grab-N-Go, 7-10 p.m.
- Fresh to Go takeout-only options are available from noon - 10 p.m. for meal swipe or purchase with credit card, Dining or Campus Dollars (cash sales are not accepted)
- The Geiser Dining Commons will close between meal services for thorough disinfecting and sanitizing. However, Fresh to Go takeout options will continue to be available for meal swipe or retail purchases.
- The Geiser Dining Commons will offer Salad, Deli/Creations, and Entrée as served stations.
- Grill and Pizza/Pasta stations will be consolidated and served from the Entrée line alternating Grill selection at lunch and Pizza/Pasta at dinner.
- Late Night is offered at the Geiser Dining Commons. Students will be able to utilize a meal swipe or retail purchase. The menu will offer popular late-night favorites such as Pizza, Chicken Tenders, French Fries, and more on a rotating cycle.