College Credit Transfer Opportunities

Get Credit for What You Already Know

Your knowledge counts, and you might be closer to earning your degree than you think.

Keuka College accepts transfer credits from many different sources, including regionally accredited colleges and universities, credit by examination, select international sources, and the U.S. military. 

Explore the information on this page to learn more, or schedule a one-on-one appointment with an enrollment counselor today!

We're Here to Help

College of Distinction
GI Jobs Military Friendly School
College of Distinction

We're here to help you make the most of your past experiences.

  • A no commitment, one-on-one appointment with an enrollment counselor takes the guesswork out of transferring credits.
  • Complete this form so we know the best way to contact you, and your enrollment counselor will be in touch shortly to schedule a convenient time.

We make it easy to transfer credits from a community college or four-year institution. 

Whether you've earned an entire degree or just took a few classes, you can transfer in coursework from any regionally accredited college or university.

We're here to make the process easy for you. Your enrollment counselor will walk you through each step of the process and help determine which courses will transfer, how they'll transfer, and what you still need to earn your degree. Schedule your one-on-one appointment today!

Our Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) process offers you the opportunity to earn credit for college-level learning you’ve acquired outside the traditional classroom.

We recognize that you have a lot of skills and knowledge gained through life, work, and community-based experiences. The CPL process allows you to submit an ePortfolio to be assessed for college-level credit. Learning can come from many sources, including work experience, volunteer work, training programs or in-service courses, community activities, and independent reading and studying. 

For additional information or to begin the process, please contact Patricia Palacios, associate director of online and graduate admissions.   

College-level testing programs save you time and money. You may be able to earn college credit for what you already know, even if you've never stepped foot into a college classroom before. 

Keuka College grants up to 90 credits for successfully completing exams offered through the following programs:

College Level Examinations Program (CLEP)

For a small fee, you can earn college-level credit for knowledge you've acquired outside of the classroom through the College Level Examination Program (CLEP). 

Each CLEP exam you successfully complete will give you 3-4 college credits, and you can choose from 34 different exams in areas such as composition and literature, world languages, history and social sciences, science and mathematics, and business. 

There are CLEP testing centers throughout the region, and your enrollment counselor can help you determine which exams may be right for you. 

DSST Credit by Exam Program

The DSST Credit by Exam Program, formerly known as DANTES, offers tests in more than 38 subject areas including business, humanities, math, physical sciences, social sciences, and technology.

You'll earn 3 college credits for each DSST exam you pass. The DSST program was initially developed for those who serve in the U.S. military, but it is now open to all students. 

Advanced Placement (AP) Exams

The College Board's Advancement Placement (AP) exams offer a way for students to earn credit for college-level courses. If you earned a 3 or higher on an AP exam, the credit will transfer to Keuka College.

While taking an AP course is encouraged before sitting for an exam, it is not required. AP and CLEP are both offered by the College Board, and most AP subject areas are also offered as CLEP exams. There are a few areas, including art history, music theory, Chinese, Italian, Japanese, and Latin, that are not offered as CLEP exams but are offered as part of the AP exam program.

If you have sufficient experience in these areas but didn't sit for the AP course in high school, AP may be an option for you. 

International Baccalaureate Examinations (IB)

The International Baccalaureate Organization is a nonprofit educational foundation that works with secondary schools throughout the world for students between the ages of 16 and 19 years. Designed as a comprehensive, two-year curriculum that allows its graduates to fulfill requirements of various education systems, the diploma model is based on the pattern of no single country, but incorporates elements from many.

Keuka College recognizes the International Baccalaureate Higher Level (HL) Examinations in which a score of 4 or higher is obtained. Credit is not awarded for (SL) Subsidiary Level Examinations. Course credit is regarded as transfer credit and is determined by the registrar in consultation with the appropriate faculty. A limited number of IB credits may be applied toward degree requirements.

Keuka College is grateful for your service and is proud to be a military friendly institution. The skills you learned in the military may be able to help you complete your degree sooner in the following ways:

DSST Credit by Exam Program

The DSST Credit by Examination Program was initially created for service members and continues to offer free exams to those who have served and their eligible spouses. There are 38 subject area tests, and each exam you successfully complete will grant you 3 college credits. 

Your enrollment counselor can help you determine which exams may be right for you.

Military Transcripts

The American Council on Education (ACE) has evaluated many military training courses for college credit. You may be able to have these credits applied toward your degree at Keuka College by sending us your military transcript.

Joint Services Transcript

If you served in the Army, Navy, Marines, or Coast Guard, you can use the Joint Services Transcript (JST/AARTS) to send a record of your military training to Keuka College. Coast Guard service members must first complete CGI Form 1561 (Application for Transcript).

Community College of the Air Force

Any training you received in the Air Force that equates to college-level credits will be documented by the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF). 

If you're in the Air Force, you can order your transcript online or complete AF Form 2099 (Request for Community College of the Air Force Transcript) at your base education office. 

The Community College of the Air Force is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and so Keuka College will evaluate your transcript as it would for any other college transfer coursework. 

Keuka College warmly welcomes students who started their educational journeys outside of the United States. 

University Courses

If you've taken courses at a university outside of the United States, you'll need to send an official transcript and World Education Services (WES) course-by-course transcript evaluation. 

Your enrollment counselor can help you obtain official transcripts from your overseas university and the WES course-by-course evaluation if you need assistance.