The Office of Campus Safety provides 24-hour security guard coverage for Keuka College, and is dedicated to providing the safest learning, living, and working environment for the Keuka College community. All Keuka College security officers are New York state certified and receive annual in-service training.
Keuka College is ready if a crisis occurs. We have established a comprehensive notification system to communicate with students and families in a timely manner. This includes the Nixle alert system, online notifications, television reports, radio messages, and more. We're dedicated to ensuring an effective, open, and appropriate response.
Annual Security Reports
In accordance with the Clery Act, we provide a full report of the past year's crimes. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online and in the Office of Campus Safety. Additional documents available for your review are:
Security Officer Services
- Protect and assist students, faculty, staff, and visitors on campus.
- Investigate, document, and report suspicious activities and crimes.
- Deter unauthorized persons from entering, loitering, or soliciting in areas where they have no legitimate business. Verify that persons found in locked or closed buildings are authorized to be in those areas.
- Regularly tour buildings and grounds to identify and report mechanical malfunctions, fire hazards, security risks, and other dangers. Lock/unlock buildings as required.
- Secure emergency scenes pending the arrival of qualified public safety officials and assist emergency responders as needed.
- Enforce school, safety, and parking regulations and document violations for judicial review.
- Provide escort services for students, faculty, staff, and visitors upon request.
- Check identification of and assist persons locked out of their room and/or requesting a room or building to be opened.
- Provide crowd and traffic control during sports and special events.
- Jumpstart disabled vehicles upon request.
- Maintain lost and found property as required by the laws of New York State.