Financial Aid & GI Bill®

Financial Aid & GI Bill®

Keuka College's financial aid office is here to help you navigate every step of the GI Bill® process. And, as a proud "Yellow Ribbon" school, Keuka College will assist eligible veterans with covering 100% of the cost of your education that isn't covered under the GI Bill®. If you're not eligible for the yellow ribbon program—don't worry. You may still be eligible for a Keuka College scholarship. 

GI Bill® First Steps

  1. Determine what benefit is best for you based on your need. For Education Benefits (VA Form 22-1990, 22-1995, 22-5490, or 22-5495) call 1-888-GIBILL1 (442-4551) to speak with an Educational Service Officer (ESO). You may also contact the U.S. Dept. of Veteran Affairs via their secure e-mail service.
  2. Apply for your benefits. The easiest way to apply for your benefits is to use Veterans Online Application (VONAPP). Once you have created a login and completed the application, print a copy for your records. You can check the progress of your claim by using the VA’s eBenefits website.​
  3. Receive your letter. Once the VA processes your application, they’ll send you a letter of eligibility. This document will list what benefits you will receive, and you’ll want to keep this form for your records.​
  4. Get in touch with us. Bring your letter of eligibility to the Office of Financial Aid, and we will answer any questions you may have. If you can’t make it to campus, you can send it to us via e-mail, fax, or postal mail.
  5. Receive payment. Once we have the above information and have been informed of your registration, we will certify your enrollment and submit the information to the VA.  After the VA receives and processes this information, you will receive payment. This can take up to 8 weeks.

Remember: The VA prorates your payments, meaning they only pay for the classes you have attended. If your class starts anytime after the 1st of the month, you will only receive payments for those days. For Chapter 33, you may not always be eligible for the full-time monthly housing allowance.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

What Happens Next?

After you receive your payment:

  • The VA will keep paying you as long as you're attending class and you have remaining benefits.
  • You must notify the Office of Financial Aid of any changes so that we may notify the VA.

Other Tuition Assistance Resources You May Find Helpful:

Yellow Ribbon Eligibility

You are eligible to receive the Yellow Ribbon Program benefit if you:

  • Served an aggregate period of active duty after Sept. 10, 2001 of at least 36 months.
  • Were honorably discharged from active duty for a service-connected disability and you served 40 continuous days after Sept. 10, 2001.

Dependents are eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post 9/11 GI Bill® based on an individual’s service under the eligibility criteria listed above.