Resources for Respondents

Return to Main Page Report an Incident Call Campus Safety Quick Exit

If a complaint of sexual misconduct has been filed against you, support and resources are available. The complaint will be investigated and adjudicated pursuant to the Gender & Sex-Based Harassment and Sexual Misconduct Policy. It will be handled as promptly and equitably as possible, with ample opportunity for you to respond, and you will be considered “not responsible” unless a finding of responsibility is made pursuant from this policy. 

If a complaint of sexual misconduct has been filed against you, consider the following:

  • Talk to someone you can trust such as a friend, family member, counselor, or clergy member. 
  • An advisor of your choice can be present at meetings related to the process, though they cannot speak on your behalf. 
  • Do not contact the other party by any means. Efforts to do so may appear retaliatory, even if that is not your intent. 
  • Consider whether there is information to gather for the investigation such as relevant text messages, emails, and social media posts and messages. 
  • Write down potential witnesses to provide to the investigator. 
  • All on-campus resources identified on this website are also available to you during this process. 

Counseling Confidential Services

Health & Counseling Center 
Keuka Commons 115 - Monday to Friday; 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
(315) 279-5368

Chaplain Eric Detar, Director of Inclusion & Belonging
Dahlstrom Student Center Room 10 - Monday to Friday; 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Campus counselors (for students) are free of charge and can be seen on an emergency basis during normal business hours. EAP is available for employees. Employees may contact the EAP program by calling 800-327-2255 or logging in at