What Are the Most Common COVID-19 Symptoms?
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild to severe. Symptoms may appear two-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
If You Get Sick:
Wear a face mask at all times while indoors.
- Call the Health Center at (315) 279-5368 for an appointment to see the provider or take a home test. If positive, inform your RA and send the results to your health portal, keuka.studenthealthportal.com.
- Call the Health Center and let them know that you have submitted results to your portal, or email [email protected]
- Go home.
- If unable to go home, Residence Life will house you in designated campus housing.
- If you are experiencing an emergency, seek medical attention immediately.
- Employees will send positive results to [email protected] and follow their direction for returning to work.
Local Medical Practitioners
Keuka College Health and Counseling Center
Open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Finger Lakes Health Urgent Care
789 Pre-Emption Road
Open seven days a week, 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hospital Emergency Room
418 North Main Street
Penn Yan, NY
Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Quarantine or Isolation
If you become ill with COVID-19 symptoms, you will be moved to a designated quarantine or isolation space in Blyly Hall. You must remain in that location until you have been cleared by Yates County Public Health to go back to your residence hall room. This could take seven to 14 days. Your meals will be delivered and you will take classes online, in your room as you are able. You will be able to bring items from your residence hall room to make yourself comfortable.
In the event an individual tests positive, contact tracing will be completed in collaboration with the Yates County Health Department. Confidentiality will be maintained as required by federal and state laws and regulations.