Parking regulations are in effect and enforced 24/7. You may download a PDF of the complete parking plan.
Policies and Regulations
The following policies and regulations have been adopted to maintain a safe and orderly movement of vehicular and pedestrian traffic on campus and are fundamental to the comprehensive parking management plan of KeukaCollege. Remember that parking on campus is a privilege, not a right.
Drivers must use authorized parking spaces and lots, obey lawful instructions of College Security Officers, and comply with all regulations of the New York State Vehicle & Traffic Law and the KeukaCollege Parking Plan.
- Continued failure to abide by traffic and parking rules and regulations may result in disciplinary action and revocation of parking privileges.
- Parking rules and regulations are in effect from the first day of classes through graduation and are enforced 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.
- The speed limit on campus is 10 MPH.
- No overnight parking (midnight to 6 a.m.) in visitor spaces.
- Removal, damage, or possession of KeukaCollege parking and traffic signs will result in disciplinary action and revocation of parking privileges.
- Parking on campus is by classification in color-coded lots.
- Lack of available parking in a desired area is not a valid excuse for violation of these policies and regulations.
- Vehicles may not park in areas/spaces that are reserved for specific purposes, e.g. handicap, fire personnel, loading docks, and service vehicles.
- Parking is not permitted on lawns or in fire lanes, driving lanes, or intersections.
- Driving on campus sidewalks and lawns is prohibited. Only emergency, commercial delivery vehicles on official business, and College service vehicles are permitted access to the sidewalks and lawns. Exceptions may be made at the discretion of Campus Safety officers for special events.
- Short-term parking is available in designated areas for loading or unloading vehicles, picking up or discharging passengers, or making quick deliveries. Short-term parking spaces are limited to 10 or 30 minutes (refer to posted signs) and four-way flashers must be on.
- All vehicles parked on campus must be legally registered in a U.S. state or Canadian province. Abandoned and unregistered vehicles will be towed away at owner’s expense.
- On occasion, the College may close portions of parking lots due to weather or to accommodate visitors to sports or special events. Campus Safety officers will provide the College community with advance notice and parking instructions by signs, e-mail, and/or other appropriate announcements.
- Any requests for temporary suspension of the above policies and regulations must be made in advance to the director of protective services.
- As necessary, the College may modify these policies and regulations in the best interests of the campus community.
Open Parking Applies to Faculty and Staff Lots
Students—Please remember that open parking (from 6 p.m-6 a.m.) applies only to faculty/staff lots. Students must stay in their designated student lots.
Please refer to the following schedule:
- Monday’s 6 p.m. start ends Tuesday at 6 a.m.
- Tuesday’s 6 p.m. start ends Wednesday at 6 a.m.
- Wednesday’s 6 p.m. start ends Thursday at 6 a.m.
- Thursday’s 6 p.m. start ends Friday at 6 a.m.
- Friday–Sunday’s 6 p.m. starts on Friday and ends Monday at 6 a.m.