Keuka College’s student-athletes have been gobbling up accolades in recent days as the fall sports season comes to a close:
- For the second time in his career, senior defender Claude Tuyishimire (Syracuse) has been voted First Team All-North Eastern Athletic Conference by the league’s coaches. Claude started every game on defense for Keuka College. The senior netted three goals on the season and set a new season-best with three assists.
- Five members of the Women’s Soccer team were selected for 2019 North Eastern Athletic Conference Women’s Soccer All-Conference teams. Named to the first team were senior Emily McGuigan (Lusby, Md.) and sophomores Grace Wolf (Warsaw, N.Y.) and Jessica Pegg (Penfield). Sophomore Julia Oglesby (Norwich, N.Y.) earned a second team selection and senior Vera Freda (Watertown) was named to the third team.
- Junior Abby Anderson (Liverpool, N.Y.) was named Third Team All-North Eastern Athletic Conference for women’s volleyball. Abby led Keuka College this season with 56 total blocks, including 22 solo blocks. She also posted 143 kills on the season and averaged a dig per set played.
- Senior goalkeeper Ryan Mavretish (Camillus, N.Y.) was named North Eastern Athletic Conference Men’s Soccer Defensive Player of the Week. Ryan has a 3-0 record on the season. For his career, his 13 wins ties for fifth most in a career at Keuka College. He also is tied for eighth in career shutouts and ranks in the top 10 in goals-against average, as well.
- Junior Jared Burns (Williamsville) from the Men’s Soccer team was selected as Academic All-District by the College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA). To be eligible, a student-athlete needs to be in at least their second year on campus with a cumulative grade point average of 3.30 or above. Jared scored three goals and added four assists this season while earning 3.80 grade-point average while majoring in Management, concentrating in Sports Management.