Undergraduate students must be registered for at least 12 credits and graduate students must be registered for at least 9 credits to be considered full-time students. For questions about financial aid implications of being part-time, please contact financial aid.
Field Period® is a 140-hour course. Students are required to complete at least 120 on-site hours towards each Field Period® experience and an additional 20-hours will be dedicated to the reflective assignments. Occupational Science students divide their Field Period® courses in half and therefore they complete at least 60-hours in two different settings for each three-credit Field Period®.
There are 3 types of holds that prevent you from registering:
- ADV Advising Hold: See your advisor who will have the hold lifted
- SA Student Accounts: Visit the Student Accounts office to resolve your bill or contact them via email at [email protected] or by phone at (315) 279-5659
- FA Financial Aid: Visit the Financial Aid office to understand what you need to do to complete your financial aid paperwork or contact them via email at [email protected] or by phone at (315) 279-5232
To see what courses you still need to complete, please go to: KC Portal > KC Self-Service > Student Planning > My Progress. Additionally, we encourage you to contact your faculty advisor to talk about student planning.
Fill out the student portion and bring the form to the Registrar's Office. We will fill out the rest and send it on as requested.
Students who wish to resume coursework at Keuka College should review Former Students Returning to Keuka College page in the Keuka College Record. All applications will be reviewed by the Keuka College Office of Admissions as well as the Office of the Registrar, if necessary.
On campus students day of registration is determined by your class level (cumulative credits, not including what is in progress) and athletic status.
- Day 1: Athletes and Seniors (85 credits and above)
- Day 2: Juniors (55-84 credits)
- Day 3: Sophomores (26-54 credits)
- Day 4: Freshmen (25 credits and below)
About 70% of Keuka College students complete their Field Period® requirements during the January term while the remaining 30% complete them during the summer. In rare circumstances, special permission may be granted for a student to complete one during the fall or spring semester.
Each Field Period® course—which consists of the experience and reflective assignments—is worth three academic credits. Students should review their Program Evaluations to understand which Field Period® course requirements they must complete for their major. Field Period® courses are graded as pass/fail. A passing Field Period® course will should up as an "S" for "satisfactory" on a student's transcript.
You should review your program evaluation at least once per term, to make sure you are on track!